To ensure that the longest possible lifespan for your new Crafted Scent, please follow these recommendations:
We want you to enjoy your candle… but safely! Please follow these guides to keep you and your family safe when burning your candle.
- Never leave your candle burning unattended.
- Keep candles in a safe place away from children and pets.
- To prevent wax from splashing, do not move the candle while it is burning.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish the flame, or lightly blowing out the candle to prevent wax from splashing.
- Do not burn more than 4 hours at a time.
- Discontinue use when you reach the remaining ½” of wax at the bottom of the vessel. This means you have used the full lifespan of your candle and It’s time to buy a new Crafted Scent!! YAY!
Important things to remember
The First Burn Is the Most Important- To get the best experience and to prolong the life of your new candle, we recommend that you burn your candle for at least 2 hours on the first burn to prevent “tunneling” of the wax.
Tunneling occurs when a candle burns down the center, leaving hard wax around the outside. As your candle’s flame burrows further down the center, it will become more and more difficult to light and eventually, the pool of melted wax will drown your candle wick. Candle tunneling severely shortens the lifespan of your candle.
For every burn, allow your candle to melt across the entire surface of the candle to keep an even burn and to prevent tunneling.
For a Quality and Efficient Burn Each Time- Trim the wick ¼” each time to keep a consistent, even and clean burn. Do not burn for longer than 4 hours at a time each time.
Avoid burning all the way down. This is unsafe and can cause the candle container to overheat.
It’s All About Location- Never place a candle in a drafty area, on uneven surfaces, or on the edge of surfaces where it can be easily knocked over. ALWAYS leave your candle on a stable and heat-resistant surface.
When you’re not using your candle, it is best to store it in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Enjoy your new candles!